Thursday, December 18, 2014

Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi

Wow. Look at that eye! (What a lame beginning...)
Genre: YA Dystopian/Romance
Pages: 338
Type: #1 in Shatter Me Trilogy
Goodreads Rating: 4.04 Avg
Published: 15 Nov 2011
My Rating: 5/5 Stars
Synopsis: I have a curse
I have a gift

I am a monster
I'm more than human

My touch is lethal
My touch is power

I am their weapon
I will fight back

Juliette hasn’t touched anyone in exactly 264 days.

The last time she did, it was an accident, but The Reestablishment locked her up for murder. No one knows why Juliette’s touch is fatal. As long as she doesn’t hurt anyone else, no one really cares. The world is too busy crumbling to pieces to pay attention to a 17-year-old girl. Diseases are destroying the population, food is hard to find, birds don’t fly anymore, and the clouds are the wrong color.

The Reestablishment said their way was the only way to fix things, so they threw Juliette in a cell. Now so many people are dead that the survivors are whispering war – and The Reestablishment has changed its mind. Maybe Juliette is more than a tortured soul stuffed into a poisonous body. Maybe she’s exactly what they need right now.

Juliette has to make a choice: Be a weapon. Or be a warrior.


My Review: 

Woah. What an intense book! I honestly have like, nothing but good things to talk about this book. But, let's not be bias. I had a wonderful time reading this one. Read it in like, hours! All the rave about this book is completely right! 
  It had all these plot twists that I enjoyed extremely. You know, you never knew what was around the corner. I enjoyed the writing tremendously. It was one of the first things I noticed and what stayed with me through out the book. Writing is one of the most important things in a book. If you're writing is a hit, I think it's safe to say your book is a hit too. I really found the whole striking things out unique. I don't think I've ever read a book with strikes. It makes the reading experience more reader friendly and interesting. 
  I also loved the characters. They went through quite a lot of development over the span of the book. Who they were in the beginning, they weren't in the end. And I absolutely loved the love triangle thing! I'm a sadistic person and a lot of times, I want something to happen with the villain of the book. It makes things all the more interesting. Obviously, in the end, I want things to end well. But that does not mean it's bad to hope for some action, you feel me? I'm super confused between Adam and Warner. We'll see where the story goes. 
  We did see a bit of world development, which was good. My problem was that it was a bit too in the end of the book. The book just ended so abruptly leaving the reader hanging. Makes you crave for the next book. 

No comments:

Post a Comment