Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Shopaholic Takes Manhattan by Sophie Kinsella

I know, I know. Old book. Before I was even born. I know. But, still couldn't help reading it! As always, Sophie's books are hilarious! Especially this series!
Genre: Contemporary. 
Pages: 387
Type: #2 in Shopaholic Series
Rating: 4/5 stars
Synopsis: The irresistible heroine of Confessions of a Shopaholic and Shopaholic Ties the Knot is back! And this time Becky Bloomwood and her credit cards are headed across the Atlantic.... 
With her shopping excesses (somewhat) in check and her career as a TV financial guru thriving, Becky's biggest problem seems to be tearing her entrepreneur boyfriend, Luke, away from work for a romantic country weekend. And worse, figuring out how to pack light. But packing takes on a whole new meaning when Luke announces he's moving to New York for business--and he asks Becky to go with him! Before you can say "Prada sample sale," Becky has landed in the Big Apple, home of Park Avenue penthouses and luxury boutiques. 
Surely it's only a matter of time until she becomes an American TV celebrity, and she and Luke are the toast of Gotham society. Nothing can stand in their way, especially with Becky's bills miles away in London. But then an unexpected disaster threatens her career prospects, her relationship with Luke, and her available credit line! Shopaholic Takes Manhattan--but will she have to return it?

REVIEW PORTION: 
 So, obviously, it was har-har. Duh. Cuz, I mean, let's face it. It's Becky Bloomwood. The world's most aggravatingly stupidly hilarious person. Did that even make sense!? Whatever. It has to. Um, so anyway, the writing style guys. Save me. The style was frigging genius. I bet you Kinsella's had to do loads of research on shopping. I'd never thought I'd say that, but I did. Well, technically, write. But, you know what I mean. Back to the point. The descriptions are just... Amazing. Honestly. I got the feel of the entire book. 
 And it's just, you know, the characters make you feel the way they're made for you to feel. You get it? Like, I feel honestly angry at Bex at times because she's just so naïve. And stupid. It's irritating. You feel like reaching in and slapping her hard so she gets some sense into her little head. But then, she's just so likeable. In her own way. I... I don't know how to explain it. 
  Anyways, I loved New York and I loved all the crisis in Bex's life. It's just super interesting. Guys. You have to read it. It's a super light, super quick and super funny read. 

No comments:

Post a Comment