Saturday, July 19, 2014

We Were Liars by E. Lockhart

There are 3 tissues in my trashcan. That's because I've been crying continuously ever since I finished this book. 
  We were liars is a powerful, mind-blowing, deep, meaningful and mysterious book. It has found its way into my Favorites List for 2014. 

Genre: YA Contemporary Suspense
Pages: 240
Type: Standalone
Rating: 5/5 stars

A beautiful and distinguished family.
A private island.
A brilliant, damaged girl; a passionate, political boy.
A group of four friends—the Liars—whose friendship turns destructive.
A revolution. An accident. A secret.
Lies upon lies.
True love.
The truth.
Read it.
And if anyone asks you how it ends, just LIE.

This book is one  of the most emotional and deep books I've ever read. It made such a huge impact on me. It just struck me. You know? Really hard. 
  This is the first book I've read by E. Lockhart, and I was really blown away. I was blown away by the writing, the story, everything. I found myself questioning, "How can someone write something as mind-boggling as this in merely 240 pages? I found myself in awe of this unique writing style. Something I've never seen before. And trust me, even though I'm 13, I've read a lot of books to compare it with. 
  The writing was detached in a way. You find yourself not really giving a crap about any of the characters. Or so you thought. Because as the book is nearing the end, you find yourself fpgetting really attached to the characters. You find yourself actually giving a crap. 
  The writing is indeed very confusing, but that's what keeps you turning the pages. To see what happens next. You find yourself drawn to this book. You need to know the ending. But if, for some reason, you don't find yourself doing any if the things I just mentioned, don't worry. Just keep reading, get to the end. 
  If by now, I haven't convinced you to read to book, I don't know what will. If I have, then you owe me one, because now you can love this book just as much as I do. 


No comments:

Post a Comment